Debbie Joffe Ellis – 2-Day Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) Comprehensive Course
The Holistic Approach of REBT – Healing Mind, Emotions, and Self-Defeating Behaviors
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to learn the empowering, vigorous, compassionate, and effective evidence-based approach of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) from Dr. Debbie Joffe Ellis, the wife and career partner of the genius and revolutionary Albert Ellis, PhD, who created it. REBT is both a life-enhancing therapeutic approach AND way of life for those who adopt it as such! It is the most holistic of the cognitive psychotherapy approaches. It is evidence-based, providing no-nonsense and elegant methods, techniques, and guidelines which are at the same time imbued with a manner and philosophy of tolerance and unconditional acceptance.
During these times that contain much upheaval and uncertainty, there is no better time to learn and practice this powerful and holistic approach – which not only can enhance the healing and progress of clients and others we work with, but can also be a most healthy way of life for each of us who provide the healing and care for others. REBT enhances the work practitioners do in helping clients, patients, and others, and boldly encourages them to apply the principles to their own lives. The presenter, Dr. Debbie Joffe Ellis, is known as one of the world’s greatest teachers of the approach, and was entrusted by the late Albert Ellis, PhD to continue his work.
|Manual – Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) (971.2 KB)||23 Pages||Available after Purchase|
REBT’s Impact on the Worlds of Psychology, Counseling, and Therapy
- Massive cognitive revolution in psychology
- History and development
- The genius of Albert Ellis, PhD
- Innovative ways of coping with challenging life experiences
What is REBT and Why is it so Beneficial for my Clients?
- Basic tenets
- Unconditional acceptance of self, others, and life
- Healthy rational thinking vs. unhealthy irrational thinking
- Healthy negative emotions vs. debilitating unhealthy emotions
- Low frustration tolerance vs. high frustration tolerance
- The ABC self-help tool
- Vigorous REBT disputing
- Benefits and importance of homework
Methods and Techniques in REBT
- Cognitive Techniques
- The ABCDE method
- Assessing cost-benefit ratio
- Distraction methods
- Emotive-Evocative Techniques
- Rational Emotive Imagery
- Shame-attacking exercises
- Coping statements
- Role play
- Behavioral Techniques
- In-Vivo Desensitization
- Relapse prevention
- Using reinforcement
- Skill training
- Application to specific mental health issues
- Addictive behaviors
- REBT in practice
- Sole approach
- Demonstration of REBT techniques – not role plays!
The Holistic and Philosophical Nature of REBT
- Mindfulness and ‘Thinking about our Thinking’
- REBT and Spirituality
- REBT and Buddhism – similarities and differences
- The heart of REBT
- Unconditional acceptance
The Effective REBT Therapist
- The importance and how-to’s of self-care
- Recommendations for greater effectiveness as a practitioner and on ourselves
- Exposing myths and misconceptions, and presenting the truths
- Unique REBT qualities which set it apart from the many cognitive approaches
- Later approaches derived from tenets of REBT
- Other approaches
REBT in action!
- Practice the ‘ABCDE’ method
- Video of REBT counseling session
- Video – Rare footage of Albert Ellis, PhD
- Discussion and Q & A’s
Debbie Joffe Ellis, MDAM Related seminars and products: 2
Debbie Joffe Ellis, MDAM, is a licensed psychologist (Australia) and mental health counselor (New York), and is affiliated with several major psychological associations and societies – including being a Member of the Australian Psychological Society, and an International Affiliate Member of the American Psychological Association. She has a doctorate in alternative medicine (MDAM) from the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine in affiliation with the World Health Organization, from whom she also received a gold medal (1993) in recognition of her service to the field of alternative and holistic medicine.
Dedicated to her husband, the great pioneering and remarkable psychologist Albert Ellis Ph.D., they worked together for several years giving public presentations and professional trainings on Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), as well as collaborating on writing and research projects, until his death in 2007. She continues to present, practice and write about his groundbreaking approach of REBT.
She currently has a private practice in New York City, and also delivers lectures, workshops and seminars throughout the U.S.A. and across the globe.
Financial: Dr. Debbie Joffe Ellis maintains a private practice. She receives royalties as an author for the American Psychological Association. Dr. Joffe Ellis receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dr. Debbie Joffe Ellis is a member of the American Psychological Association; and the Australian Psychological Society.
Instant Access Available
8 reviews for 2-Day Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) Comprehensive Course by Debbie Joffe Ellis
There are no reviews yet.