Joan Borysenko – The SoulCare Course
How You’ll Benefit from This Course
The skills you’ll learn in this course are particularly important in this time of great change.
Learning to deeply nurture your soul, live with uncertainty and be courageous, open and curious in the face of the unknown opens the door to tremendous guidance.
When you live in this way, you can experience greater health and wellbeing as well as claim your part as a co-creator in our rapidly emerging future.
Here’s what you can expect to experience:
- Deepen your connection to your own core Self, to others and to the Source of Being
- Heal childhood trauma or painful experiences via mindfulness practices and the new brain science of affective neurobiology to rewire old emotional circuits
- Free up more available vital energy and creativity to pursue your passions in life
- Experience fewer stress-related physical symptoms – including headaches, digestive disturbances, back pain, inflammatory disorders. Your blood pressure may become lower and your sleep more restful. (Remember to consult your physician before stopping any medications that you might be taking.)
- Finetune your connection with synergy and guidance that’s ever-present with you
- Experience the healing powers of compassion, forgiveness and self-acceptance
- Readily express your natural states of mindfulness and gratitude
- Enjoy a vibrant community of inquiry and practice that can go forward into the future together
Here’s What Stephen Dinan Has to Say About SoulCare:
What You’ll Learn: Course Overview
Every class in The SoulCare Course is 90 minutes and has four components: an in-depth presentation from Joan; a small group exercise or inquiry; a large group discussion; and a guided imagery or meditation practice. You’ll also have a place to post online, interact with other course participants and gain further guidance from Joan between sessions.
For the seven modules of the course, your invitation is to commit to a practice of your choice so that we can explore the nature of the soul together. Holding ourselves and each other accountable for moving into the kairos realm together will ensure that the course not only feeds our minds, but also reaches into the depths of the soul beyond words and concepts.
Module 1: Entering the Temple of Your Soul
Research in spirituality and health has identified meaning and faith as central to wellbeing, prevention and recovery from illness and surgery.
In this session, you will explore the nature of your spirituality, enter the temple of your soul through inquiry and practice, and begin an exploration of the two intersecting worlds of chronos or clock time and kairos or eternal time.
In Module 1, you will:
- Explore your personal experience of the soul
- Discover exactly what helps you connect to your spiritual center
- Receive guidance for deepening your spiritual practice, or discover how to undertake a new spiritual practice
- Uncover any blocks you have to connecting to your soul
Module 2: Listening Deeply to Your Body-Mind Conversation
In this session you will explore the pathways through which your emotions and beliefs become embodied – from neuro-hormones to immune function; from stress to the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines that can predispose you to illness; and from adrenal fatigue to burnout and depression. You’ll deeply explore this circle to understand how illness and stress can guide you back to your soul.
In Module 2, you will:
- Discover how spiritual principles help you to become “stress hardy”
- Learn how your thinking predisposes you to health and illness
- Recognize and overcome “New Age Guilt” and simplistic thinking in the mind-body realm
- Discover how illness acts as a metaphor for our lives (or not)
- Learn to use stress and burnout as course corrections
Module 3: Restoring the Soul of Childhood – Using the New Brain Science to Rewire Emotional Pathways
Twenty years of research has shown beyond any shadow of a doubt that time does NOT heal childhood wounds. It only conceals them. There is a dose-response relationship between the number of adverse childhood experiences (neglect; emotional, physical or sexual abuse; a missing, addicted, depressed, incarcerated or mentally ill parent; violence toward the mother) and physical health for the remainder of the lifespan.
In Module 3, you will:
- Heal childhood wounds using the new breakthroughs in affective neurobiology
- Create rituals (which operate in the realm of the soul, the imagination and the amygdala) and create healing of a different order than talk therapy (which operates at the level of the hippocampus)
- Discover when spiritual practices can help heal childhood wounds and when they act as “bypasses” and block effective healing
- Embody the archetype of the wounded healer
- Access psycho-spiritual healing resources for you as an individual and for your clients (if you’re a healthcare professional)
5 reviews for The SoulCare Course by Joan Borysenko
There are no reviews yet.